1 informal or slang terms for mentally irregular; "it used to drive my husband balmy" [syn: balmy, barmy, bats, batty, bonkers, cracked, crackers, daft, dotty, fruity, haywire, kooky, kookie, loco, loony, loopy, nuts, nutty, round the bend, around the bend, wacky, whacky]
2 infested with bugs n : a small lightweight carriage; drawn by a single horse [syn: roadster] [also: buggiest, buggier]
- Rhymes: -ʌɡi
A small motor vehicle, such as a dune buggy
- Finnish: mönkijä
A shopping cart or trolley
- Finnish: ostoskärryt
Infested with insects
Containing programming errors
- Finnish: buginen
Buggy can refer to various types of cart:
- a dune buggy or swamp buggy;
- a kite buggy;
- a shopping cart (Southern American English);
- a form of baby transport also called a pushchair or perambulator (U.S. English), stroller (American English) or pram (Australian English and British English);
- a lightweight carriage, as in horse and buggy; or
- a soapbox car or cart (UK), also known as an unmotorised go-kart.
- Buggy is a common name for the Sweepstakes Races, a student run event much like a cross between soapbox derby and a relay race, practiced at Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh, PA.
- Buggy is the name of an Irish line now living in the majority in England
- As an adjective, it means infested with bugs, either literally or figuratively, as in software bug.
- As an adjective, it is an obsolete usage, meaning "insane" (as in "bugsy")
- Buggy the Clown is an antagonist in the One Piece manga/anime series.
buggy in German: Buggy
buggy in Spanish: Buggy (desambiguación)
buggy in French: Buggy
buggy in Japanese: バギー
buggy in Portuguese: Buggy
auto, autocar, automobile, balmy, bananas, barmy, bats, batty, beany, bedlamite, boat, bonkers, bughouse, bugs, bus, car, cracked, crackers, crate, crazed, crazy, cuckoo, daffy, daft, demented, dippy, dotty, flaky, flipped, freaked-out, fruitcakey, fruity, gaga, goofy, gung ho, haywire, heap, insectlike, jalopy, just plain nuts, keen, kooky, loony, loopy, machine, motor, motor vehicle, motorcar, motorized vehicle, nuts, nutty, off the hinges, off the track, off the wall, potty, round the bend, screwball, screwballs, screwy, slaphappy, tub, verminous, voiture, wacky, warm, weevily, wheels, wreck, zealous